New in v6.9 in the User Management Module - Preferences may be listed for each user. In the below example the UploadFolder entry is used for the new Drag and Drop functionality.
- Add record for user and select or enter:
- SiteID dropdown = List of Sites in your Titan instance.
- Preference Name = Validation on this field
- Preference Value = Enter path to folder; *be careful no validation on this field.
NOTE: If user configures folder through v6.9 CK Editor the Preferences record will be automatically entered here.
Hints - Rules:
- User Management Preferences is a generic entry screen which will allow any name or path, so be careful to be exact for valid names and paths or it will not work. *At this time TitanCMS uses Preference Name = UploadFolder
- User Management Preferences Validation - all characters allowed.
- User Management Preference Setting when changed in workstation will not change Display Side. Use Refresh App Vars for the display URL to update.
- User Management Preferences - If adding same name Preference Record but different case, first delete initial record then add new case desired for record. Example: UPLOADFOLDER change to Uploadfolder.
- User Management Preferences - Able to create more than 1 User Preference record per site globe or data site, the record goes in alpha order when pulling into Drag Drop Setting. *Verify SiteID#
- User Preferences are not able to be reordered.
- Check status of file! If workflow is configured on Upload File Folder, files will not show up in list and will not be able to be used until they are published. Image will show in block in workstation at time of upload so may be confusing. Check status of file!
- Drag and Drop allows for max 5 files at a time.
- Drag and Drop files that are not images result in a link.
- WARNING When using Drag and Drop of files respond to any message that displays before dragging more files. Block will disappear and cause confusion.
- Drag and Drop Error (red) & Cancel (blue) messages will display. *Browsers may behave differently.
- Drag Drop Warning - Closing block before upload "Loading" complete is allowed and may cause unusual results.
- Drag Drop - Delete (child) Folder doesn't update User Preference record, need to manually clean up in User Management User Preferences.
- Copy and Paste doesn't retain name.
- Copy and Paste Browser Limitations:
- Firefox - image goes from large to small
- Chrome - might have to first paste it somewhere else like word or paint and then copy.
- IE 11 - might have to first paste it somewhere else like word or paint and then copy.
- Copy & Paste of file only allows for 1 file at a time. No message of limit of file.
CK Editor v6.9
Version Enhancements 6.9