The Latitude and Longitude inputs follow standard formats which are listed below.
- Latitude and Longitude Rules
To enter the Latitude Longitude input:
- Use direction indicator N or S for Latitude
- Use direction indicator E or W for Longitude
- The Negative symbol may be used instead of a direction indicator, but don't use both
- Negative symbol for Longitude represents W
- Negative symbol for Latitude represents S
- Use a decimal value, not a whole number
- Latitude is negative when describing position south of the equator
- Longitude is negative when describing position west of the Prime meridian
- Valid Latitude -90.000000 to 90.000000
- Valid Longitude -180.000000 to 180.000000
- Field does not accept degree, minutes or seconds as inputs.
- If you add an input with less than 6 inputs after the decimal place, TitanCMS will add a zero in it's place for each missing input.
- If you add more than 6 up to 10 inputs after the decimal place, TitanCMS will strip extra inputs beyond 6.
- If you add 11 or more inputs after the decimal place, there is a possibility that rounding may occur.
- If using the N, S, E, W TitanCMS Content view will not show direction but will show negative when applicable. The Browse view will indicate direction.
- Browse View Examples:
- Content View Examples:
- Example of Upload file with Geographic Coordinate inputs: *If no input, the "POINT EMPTY" will display in field.
- Convert Address to Latitude and Longitude
Link to Tool
- Enter Address
- Click on Show Map
- View Latitude and Longitude results
Link to International Tool