The Northwoods Segmented Search block is used for searching on the website. Results are grouped based on Segments configured for navigation. *NOTE: Segmented search needs some css changes based on the design and layout it will be used on. This is because the filter cannot be placed in a different zone. When a designer styles the block they will try to make it look like a filter in the same “zone”. So a filter may have the filter in the right zone, and try to have the segmented search filter look the same, even though it’s in the center zone. We often put it on a full page layout.
How To Build:
1. Select the Segmented Search block from the Add New Block.
2. Select the Segment types that should display when user searches on your website. Example below from Northwoods website.
Event Filter (Points to Seminars)
Filter Search (Points to Northwoods Client Portfolio)
Filter Search (Points to Northwoods News)
Filter Search (Points to Northwoods Jobs)
Filter Search (Points to Northwoods Docs & Videos)
3. Edit each Used Segment Type and make configurations as desired. *The Styles and /or page layout need to be configured to display in the block drop down for each segment type, see Support if not available.
Example: Smart Search Configurations
Example of Event Filter - Seminars
Example of Filter - Client Portfolio
Example of Filter - News
Example of Filter - Jobs
Example of Filter - Docs & Videos
4. In the Segmented Search block, configure Segment Options:
Items Per Segment
Pell Check User Query
Search Term Keyword Test
5. Configure Filter Navigation Options.
Nav Area Title
Adv. Tag Options
Date Usage Preference
6. Click OK to retain your Segmented Search block settings.
7. Save and Publish.
8. Copy the Page URL from page the Segmented Search block is built on. *Will be used as the default Search input in Titan Administration.
9. Select the Titan Administration module.
10. Click on Content Sites and expand to view globes.
11. Click on your website Globe.
12. Paste the URL in the Default Search Page field. *This configuration controls what block is used when user performs a global search.
Example for Northwoods Website
13. Save and Refresh Site Nav.
14. Perform global search and view results.